At high doses, niacin, or vitamin B3, can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol by 5 percent, cut triglycerides by 20 percent, and boost HDL
(good) cholesterol by 15 percent.
However, side effects include a dangerous rise in glucose levels in diabetics. Best dosage for men: 20 mg for general health, 100 mg for high cholesterol (but consult your doctor first).
- High cholesterol
- Heart attack risk
- Heart health
- Natural sources: Lean meat, fish, whole grains
Interactions & Side Effects
- Diabetes medications. Reduces effectiveness
- Statins. Increases effects
- Powerful Natural Antibiotic
- 5 Foods You Should NEVER Eat On An Empty Stomach!
- 7 potent foods that can fight pain naturally
- Sponsored Section